Another Festivus Miracle – Winter Beer Tasting Next Weekend
I told you that I was on Santa’s “nice” list. And he apparently listened to my request for a winter beer tasting because next Saturday, Jan. 24 in Charlottesville, VA, the winter version of the Know Good Beer festival is taking place. You can’t turn down the opportunity to taste this many wintry style brews. And how can you turn down a beer festival that goes by KGB?
Therefore, as a dedicated beer blogger, it is my duty to attend. If you want to also, here’s the dirt:
- Where it at: Ix Art Park – 963 2nd Street Southeast, Charlottesville, VA 22902 – inside and outside, but in a heated tent. Whew!
- When: 12-5 p.m. That should just about do ya.
- Who’s Pourin’: Breweries offering samples include Beach Brewing, Blue Mountain, Bold Rock, Champion, C’Ville-Ian, Devil’s Backbone, Hardywood, Lickinghole Creek, Old Hill, Pale Fire, Parkway, South Street, Starr Hill, and Three Notch’d. Is that enough?
- Tickets Tickets Tickets: $30, plus a $2.64 inconvenience fee. Get ’em here.
- Whatcha get: A dozen pours of four ounces each. Attendees can also purchase additional tickets inside the festival – four for $6. That’s a good deal.
- Noshables: Blue Ridge Pizza Co. and South Fork will be providing munchies. Yum.
- Beneficiaries: Funds raised go to WNRN, one of the best indie radio sources in the world. Seriously.
Any event like this needs sponsors. So thank the folks at Devil’s Backbone, Beer Run, Mellow Mushroom, and MoxBox for helping make my winter beer tasting dreams come true.
See you there.
– Eric Van Steenburg
This entry was posted in Beer related and tagged beer, craft beer, craft breweries, festival.
One thought on “Another Festivus Miracle – Winter Beer Tasting Next Weekend”
January 18, 2015 at 21:29
[…] Noshables: Blue Ridge Pizza Co. and South Fork will be …read more […]